Dec 6, 2012

Good news and Bad news

I have a good news and a bad news to share. The good news is that I had cleared the written and visual tests for obtaining a learner's permit, a document which will allow me to drive a motor vehicle with a licensee sitting next to me.

The bad news is my alien identification number is not yet populated in Colorado database to find if I am eligible for entitlements. I should either wait now and re-apply after a few weeks time, or travel to Lakewood office and see if they can help with my case status. The catch is Lakewood office that works with alien entitlements cases is opened only on Wednesdays.

Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. What is alien identification? Isn't your SSN enough (which you would have obtained 2 summers back)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if what I'm referring here is called as an alien identification number. The DMV officials tried with the number printed on the arrival/departure card that was stapled with visa on arrival.

      Delete