Oct 15, 2011

Sunrise at Bessie Beach

"Chennai has three seasons, hot, hotter and hottest", says some of the reviews about the capital city of Tamilnadu on the web. I cannot agree more with the reviewers, for in the past 29 years of my life, I had never seen the mercury dropping below 20 degree Celsius!

Chennai's typical sunny days characterized by the hot and humid weather is a turn off to most people. Even so, there are times when we feel to sit back, relax and wonder "what a beautiful sun!". Today, I had that moment!

 people enjoying the sun rise at Elliot's beach


 how i wished to travel in that boat!


 Silhouette of a fishing boat at sunrise


Sun peeking out of the clouds

If you happen to be in Chennai, set your alarm to wake you at 5 AM (stay near Besant nagar or Santhome) to enjoy your moment of wonder!

2 comments:

  1. I lived in Chennai for 4 and a half years and I deeply regret not doing this more often. Beautiful pictures and I believe the experience itself is a 100 times more beautiful! Thanks for posting this

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you :)

    you can try making it happen next time you come to Chennai.

    ReplyDelete